“Coronvirus” is a group of viruses which can infect both humans and animals that causes illnesses ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as acute respiratory syndrome.
- Spread from person to person through respiratory droplets when an infected person sneezes, coughs or talks.
- Touching contaminated objects. Respiratory droplets containing the virus can remain on surfaces even after the ill person is no longer near.
- COVID-19 may be spread by people who are not showing symptoms
There is a wide range of symptoms and these can range from mild to severe. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus.
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle Pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Gastro intestinal symptoms
How to Protect Yourself
There is currently no vaccine to prevent coronavirus and the best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to the virus.
- Wash your hands often with soap for at least 20 seconds
- If soap is not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that is 60% alcohol
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with others, put distance between yourself and other people and stay at home
- Wash and prepare food carefully
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces
- Wear a face mask only if you have respiratory symptoms or if you are dealing with infected patients