The initial consultation involves you meeting a Psychotherapist for an hour to explore what has led you to seek help at this point in your life and to see whether you feel comfortable in working with the Psychotherapist. If you do, you can agree on either open ended or time-limited work together. You would agree to a day and time that is convenient for you and one that you could regularly adhere to.
One-on-one, face-to-face time is increasingly rare in our high tech, busy, and fast-paced society; however, it is essential to our wellbeing and is highly effective for dealing with life stresses and mental disorders. We offer you a safe place to talk with a professional and caring person, who is trained to help you work through any challenges you may be facing.
Couples counselling provides a space for collaborative interaction and attentive listening, a place where you and your partner can address and uncover the areas of your relationship that may need enriching and/or support. PsycHealth can assist you in:
- Understanding the power dynamics of your relationship
- Understanding the power of language in communication
- Examining your own beliefs and commitments in relation to one another
- Increasing communication
- Identifying and clearing negative energy and negative patterns to increase compassion for each other
- Letting go of blame and guilt, or any other debilitating emotions that could be crippling your relationship
- Implementing constructive and collaborative strategies towards conflict resolution
- Focusing on the positive energies and aspects of your relationship
- Fostering a deep and lasting appreciation for your relationship in order to achieve an overall sense of well-being
Couples in Distress
Are you and your partner struggling in your relationship?
If you are experiencing problems within your marriage, we can help you address both your individual needs and those of your partnership in ways that can make your union stronger. Conducted in a private and safe environment, marital counselling or relationship mediation can encourage and achieve a happy and satisfying relationship.
In Zambia, the divorce rate is extremely high. Prevent your marital relationship from becoming another divorce statistic. Pre-marital counselling can help you explore and understand the dynamics of being in relationship; inter-dependent mutuality and ongoing empowerment of each other. We will consider different personality types and personal backgrounds and their effect on being in relationship. We will discuss proper communication and conflict resolution techniques to ensure that you develop practical and effective strategies on which to build a strong foundation for a life-time together.
Group counselling is a form of therapy where people with similar experiences/issues come together with a professional therapist. Our Psychotherapist runs the session, but generally everyone contributes in some way, listening to others and talking themselves. It’s usually focused on a particular issue, like:
- Eating disorders